The Swiss Embassy in Tel Aviv represents the interests of Switzerland in Israel and promotes political dialogue and cultural, economic and scientific cooperation between the two countries. It is also a consular center for Swiss nationals living in Israel.
The Embassy of Switzerland in Tel Aviv is looking for an Innovation Adviser to complete its team by 1st of May 2018 or to be agreed, and to drive forward the Science and Innovation relationship between Switzerland and Israel, with a special focus on FinTech.
About the position:
Science and Innovation are among the most important bilateral issues between Switzerland and Israel. They attract strong interest from Switzerland’s public and private sectors and are the object of numerous visits in Israel.
The Innovation Adviser develops and intensifies the cooperation between Israel and Switzerland in the fields of Science and Innovation with a particular focus on Fintech.
He/she has great autonomy to devise and deliver priority projects and activities. It is an ideal position to develop strong skills and deliver impact in one of the most dynamic sectors of the world’s economy, where both Switzerland and Israel are leading nations.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate cooperation between the Swiss and Israeli Fintech sectors (including also Insuretech and Regtech) and foster ties between the two countries’ Fintech ecosystems.
- Strengthen visibility of the Swiss Fintech landscape and promote the Swiss Financial Center as an attractive Fintech-Hub.
- Provide a platform for Swiss Education, Research and Innovation (ERI) stakeholders to gain inspiration and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience and expertise with peers in Israel and in the region (OPT, Jordan). This includes developing and experimenting with new, innovative initiatives, programs and platforms to foster exchange of experience between local and Swiss ERI stakeholders, organizing High tech symposiums and implementing transdisciplinary projects at the intersection of ERI and arts, design, or business.
- Strengthen visibility of the Swiss ERI landscape and developments in Israel and in the region (OPT, Jordan).
- Facilitate bilateral / regional ERI cooperation by establishing a strong network with the relevant ERI institutions in Israel and in the region (OPT and Jordan).
- Provide the Embassy of Switzerland in Israel, the State Secretariat for International Finance (SIF), the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and Swiss ERI stakeholders with relevant information, analytical reports and advice on key developments in Israel.
- Good knowledge and professional experience of the science and innovation / high tech and financial markets ecosystems of Switzerland and Israel.
- Far-reaching grasp of the frontiers and next developments in digitalisation.
- Studies in business administration, finance or science/technology (university, university of applied sciences, other tertiary-level training).
- Good knowledge of at least one Swiss national language and English; knowledge of Hebrew and an additional Swiss national language is an asset.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills including written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, recognise opportunities for improvement, and implement change.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, excellent project management.
The Embassy offers a 40 hour working week and good working conditions.
The position is limited to two years.
Kindly send your complete application with a motivation letter and CV (in English, French, German or Italian) by email (reference: job application, Innovation Adviser) to email@example.com
If you do not have Israeli citizenship, your work permit and/or legal status in Israel must be provided.
Deadline: April 12th, 2018