Terms of Reference
Position: Finance Assistant
Part time position 50%
Duration of the contract: one year with possible extension
I. General information about SDC
The Swiss Cooperation Office in Chisinau (SCO) represents the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) which is integral part of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. The SCO manages the technical assistance provided by Switzerland to Moldova. It is responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of the Swiss Cooperation Strategy for Moldova (2014-2017), as well as for coordinating activities with local and international partners.
II. Objective of the position
The Finance Assistant supports the Chief of Finance Personnel and Administration (CFPA) in accounting booking and records in the international software Vision+ and SAP and the local accounting software 1C as needed for the implementation of the SDC Program in Moldova.
III. Main duties
The duties listed below are indicative and may be revised or amended by the Country Director and further tasks may be assigned in line with the SDC Program in Moldova.
The Finance Assistant works closely with the CFPA and performs the following tasks:
- Book all contracts and other financial transaction in accounting software under CFPA supervision
- Book cash vouchers
- Salary preparation
- Record, file and archive accounting transactions
- Draft memos and notes
- Perform other clerical/administrative duties upon request
IV. Required qualifications
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in accounting
- Experience in accounting with an international organization is considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of 1C-Accounting software and local legislation
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent in either Russian, Romanian or English, and good working knowledge of the other two languages,
- Knowledge of German or French is an asset,
- Ability and readiness to learn, in particular new international accounting software VISION+, SAP, foreign languages etc).
V. Recruitment process
Interested persons shall submit their applications, containing a Cover Letter and a Curriculum Vitae in English, two recommendation letters, with the reference “Finance Assistant” by 26 June 2017 to the following address: A. Mateevici 23, Chisinau, MD-2009 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates between 26-30 June or 15-31 July 2017.
The position is available from August 2017.
SDC is committed to promoting diversity and social inclusion within its programs and personnel: Therefore we encourage qualified female and male candidates of all backgrounds, particularly persons representing minority groups and persons with disabilities, to apply.