The city of The Hague hosts nearly 160 international and non-governmental organisations. The Embassy's Multilateral Section is also responsible for covering the following institutions (non-exhaustive list):
- International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP), which addresses the issue of people who have gone missing as a result of armed conflicts, human rights abuses and natural disasters;
- Europol, which supports the efforts of the 28 member states of the European Union to fight serious international crime and terrorism and also works with several partner countries that are not members of the EU (including Switzerland);
- Eurojust, whose mission is to increase the effectiveness of national authorities responsible for investigating and prosecuting serious cases of transborder and organised crime and bringing criminals to justice (Switzerland is also associated);
- European Patent Office (EPO), which grants patents at European level;
- International Organization for Migration Netherlands (IOM), whose purpose is to promote humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all;
- European Space Agency (ESA), which coordinates space projects carried out jointly by about 20 European countries.