The Embassy of Switzerland in Poland offers students and graduates an Academic Internship in the Diplomatic Section of the Embassy.
We offer a varied insight into the work of a medium-sized Embassy and an uncomplicated cooperation in a dynamic team. Our Academic Intern will be fully involved in the day-to-day business and will help to shape Swiss-Polish relations from the very beginning!
The internship usually lasts four to six months and is remunerated.
- Summer half-year: usually March to August
- Winter half-year: usually September to February
Possibility of extension to a full year if both parties agree.
- Participate in Embassy projects in the areas of public diplomacy, culture and business.
- Support political reporting for the attention of headquarters.
- Manage social media channels of the Embassy.
- Prepare visits and delegations.
- Represent the Embassy at events.
- Command of at least two Swiss national languages as well as English. Knowledge of Polish is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Proven interest in international relations. Interest in politics, economy, society and culture of Poland.
- Communicative and experienced in dealing with social media.
- Organizational skills; Experience in project management is an advantage.
- Swiss citizenship or a residence and work permit in Switzerland that is valid until the end of the internship.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) completed less than twelve months before the start of the internship. The total duration of any previous academic internships at the Federal Administration and this Internship at the Embassy must not exceed twelve months.
The next call for applications for this internship position is planned for Spring 2024 for an internship starting in August/September 2024. The application deadline will be published on this website in due time.