Since the year 2000, the two Swiss Federal Departments, SDC and SECO, have maintained a joint Cooperation Office in Kyiv. This Swiss Cooperation Office is a part of the Embassy of Switzerland. It plays a key role in the management of the Swiss Cooperation Programme in Ukraine as it is responsible for the planning and implementation of the programme, and provides a platform for our partners in Switzerland and Ukraine.
The Cooperation Office employs two Swiss experts (Director and Deputy Director) and ten local programme and administrative staff.
Objectives and their Implementation
The Swiss Cooperation Office coordinates the programme activities within the SDC and SECO cooperation programme in Ukraine with the relevant Ukrainian state authorities and other organisations, as well as with Swiss implementing partners and other donors. The mission and the main tasks of the Cooperation Office are:
- Steering, monitoring and reporting about the programme's and the projects’ progress;
- Observing the programme environment, and the development of programme domains and crosscutting initiatives;
- Promoting the programme development according to the Swiss Cooperation Strategy Ukraine 2011 - 2014 ;
- Leading a policy dialogue with the main partner organisations of the Government of Ukraine;
- Actively participating in donor coordination and donor harmonisation (http://www.aidharmonization.org; http://odaua.netagency.com.ua);
- Sustaining representation activities and public relations;
- Supporting and serving projects implemented under the aegis of SDC and SECO;
- Supporting national and international experts and visiting delegations.