To maximise its contribution to development, the SDC coordinates with other donor countries and cooperates with other donors both at the global level in international organisations and in individual partner countries on the ground.
Partnerships with other donor countries
With a view to optimising development cooperation special emphasis is given to coordination between donor countries. In its activities, the SDC pays attention to other countries' work as an engaged actor in international cooperation. To this end, it carries out institutionalised dialogue on development policy with certain donors, in particular the European Union. The Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the OECD form a key forum for exchange between donor countries. The UN plays a key role in international cooperation on the global level.
- Measures to improve effectiveness at the international level
- Cooperation with other donors in the context of the SDC Global Programmes
- The SDC's multilateral cooperation
- Cooperation with the OECD in the context of the Development Cooperation Directorate (DAC)
- Cooperation with the UN
- Cooperation with international financial institutions
- Capacity Development: a Process for Change