As the official representation of Switzerland in Bangladesh, the Embassy of Switzerland covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations, consular services and international cooperation between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, development cooperation and humanitarian aid, visa and consular services, legal arrangements, science, education, media and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh
Important COVID-19 Information
- The Federal Council decided to lift the entry restrictions for persons from third countries who are vaccinated. For additional information please consult the visa page.
- To see what rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland, consult the online Travelcheck.
- The Embassy of Switzerland communicates that third country nationals with a valid residence permit or a valid national visa D of one of the Schengen countries can enter Switzerland. For entry to Switzerland, Schengen Visa C holders need a vaccination certificate.
- International passenger flights to and from Bangladesh have, with a few exceptions, resumed.
- Bangladesh operates a number of quarantine regimes depending on where passengers are travelling from. For detailed information, please liaise with your travel agents and/or flight carriers prior to travelling.
- Information on international flights can be obtained from the airport website (www.shahjalalairport.com) or the respective flight carrier.
- Visa applications can be processed upon appointment. For additional information please consult the visa page.
- The Chancery of the Embassy of Switzerland in Dhaka remains open for Swiss citizens upon appointment. For scheduling an appointment, call +880 255 051 601 (from 8.00AM - 4.00PM, Sunday - Thursday) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Upcoming changes and updates will be published on the Embassy webpage.