As an intern you will work closely with members of the Mission in a variety of fields. You will be fully integrated into the Swiss delegation and receive an opportunity to experience firsthand the workings of the United Nations, diplomatic representations of partner countries, and civil society organizations. Your specific job description will be based on the Mission’s mandate and its needs. Whenever possible, your personal interests will be taken into account. Remuneration for the position is US$2700/month gross. All positions are full time and last for four months with the possibility to extend by one or two months.
Interns may work in any one of the following areas:
- Sustainable Development and Humanitarian affairs
- Peace and Security
- Human Rights
- Legal Affairs
Dates of internships
- February/March to July
Application period: 1 to 15 September
- July/August to December
Application period: 1 to 15 February
Click here to learn more about the requirements
Applications must include:
- Letter of motivation (in English only)
- Curriculum vitae (in English only)
- Copy of university diploma and or report
- Copy of final grades and intermediate reports
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Separate page with the following information:
- Language command in English, German, French, Italian and any other language using the codes native/fluent/intermediate/basic
- Foreign experience (travel/study/work)
- Preferred area of interest and second choice: Sustainable development and humanitarian affairs, peace and security, human rights or legal affairs
We particularly welcome applications from female candidates and candidates from the francophone and italophone parts of Switzerland.
Pre-selected applicants will be contacted within ca. 6 weeks after the application deadline. Selected applicants will receive confirmation approx. 12 weeks after the application deadline.
We will not engage in any correspondence during the selection process.
Applications for internships should be sent to: email@example.com