The Swiss Mission generally offers three or four people each year the possibility of completing an academic internship.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have completed a Master's or PhD programme no more than 12 months prior to the beginning of the internship (long stays abroad, military or civilian service, and maternity leave are not counted in this 12-month period).
- Applicants must have had no related professional experience other than internships. The total duration of previous internships within the Federal Administration and the planned internship at the mission must not exceed 12 months.
- Swiss national or resident in Switzerland.
- Good knowledge of at least two Swiss national languages.
- Knowledge of international institutions and Switzerland's foreign policy.
Duration: 6 to 12 months
The internships available at the Permanent Mission in Geneva are published on the jobs portal of the Swiss Confederation.