Research and Innovation in Switzerland 2016
2016 sees the publication of the first "Research and Innovation in Switzerland" report. The report has been prepared under the leadership of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), and provides a comprehensive insight into the Swiss research and innovation system, informative comparisons between countries and regions, and an in-depth examination of selected issues. The report is intended to act as a reference work and basis for discussion.
Chinese Government Scholarship Program for Swiss Students
For further information, please click here or contact email@example.com
Tasks and objectives:
The Section of Science, Technology and Education at the Embassy has the following main tasks:
- Science & Technology: Contribute to the conception and realisation of cooperation programmes. Promote contacts and the exchange of ideas between Science institutions, Universities, Scientists and in particular Science policymakers. Strengthen the cooperation between Switzerland and China in research and innovation in all fields;
- Education: Contribute to the conception and realisation of education Exchange programmes. Promote contacts and the exchange of ideas between Education institutions, Universities, Schools and in particular Education policymakers. Attract adequate students to pro-actively study in Swiss universities; support Swiss students in China; strive to provide sound basic conditions for Chinese access to Swiss private schools;
- Health: Pro-actively exchange relevant information with China and international organizations, contribute to tackle the world’s health issues; support China in public health management.
What we do:
The main concrete tasks of the Section of Science, Technology and Education are to:
- observe, analyze and report on China’s developments and policy-making relating to science, education, and health;
- negotiate and implement cooperation agreements at governmental level, in related fields;
- logistically support Swiss students in China;
- organize events with the objective of boosting cooperation and developing Switzerland’s image;
- support Swissnex Shanghai, in particular its role as an interface between Swiss researchers and China;
- support the chancellery for Swiss community in cases of health crisis;
- produce a monthly newsletter about China in the related fields as well as the Environment.