Tasks and objectives
The Culture, Media and Education Section of the Consulate General deals with various topics. In the field of culture, its main aim is to foster mutual understanding by encouraging cultural contacts between Switzerland and the consular region (Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui). It acts as a support for Swiss artists who want to present their work to the Chinese public. It also contributes to implement Switzerland’s cultural external policy. In order to do that, this section stays in close contact with all relevant cultural institutions in Switzerland, with all Swiss official representations in the consular region, with local Chinese officials and non-official cultural institutions as well as local artists.
As for the media, this section acts as focal point for all issues related to media institutions active in the consular region, be they Chinese or foreign.
In the field of education, the goal of this section is to encourage and intensify the exchange and cooperation between institutes and schools of Switzerland and the consular region. This section also provides information and guidance about the processes for studying on a high-school level in Switzerland. Last but not least, this section is entrusted with the implementation of the “Presence Switzerland” program in the consular region.
We deal with the following areas in particular in the consular region (Shanghai and provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui)
- Supporting Switzerland’s cultural policy as well as Swiss artists in their projects
- Presenting Switzerland in its diversity to the Chinese public in order to foster a better understanding of Switzerland’s realities, notably by implementing “Presence Switzerland“’s projects
- Supporting the work of journalists working for Swiss media
- Acting as interface between the Swiss government and the media, both Chinese and international
- Consulting about Swiss boarding schools (up to high-school level)
- Spokesperson of the Consulate