Marriage/Partnership to be performed abroad

If your marriage/partnership is to be performed abroad, it will be subject to the law of the country in question.

The Swiss representation is not in charge of civil status procedures with foreign authorities. For information on the conditions, documents required and formalities to be respected, please directly contact the civil status authorities of the place where you are planning to get married or partnered. Only these authorities can give you authoritative information.

In particular, please enquire as to whether a Swiss certificate of capacity to marry is required or whether an individual Swiss civil status certificate is sufficient, whether other Swiss civil status documents are required and whether the documents need to be legalised.

If you wish to get married in Hong Kong, please contact the Hong Kong SAR Government for more information (the Consulate General of Switzerland does not perform wedding ceremonies):

Marriage Registration and Records Office

3/F, Low Block

Queensway Government Offices
66 Queensway
Hong Kong

(MTR Admiralty Station – Exit C1)

Tel: (852) 2867 2787
Marriage Registration