Vacancy notice for Senior Economic Advisor
The Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi as the official representation of Switzerland in India is looking for a Senior Economic Advisor (100%) in the Economic and Commercial Section. India with its fast growing economy and accelerated reform agenda offers new opportunities to further strengthen the bilateral economic relations between Switzerland and India, particularly with regard to trade, investments, innovation and partnerships.
We offer an interesting job opportunity in a dynamic environment, within a team and network of motivated professionals.
Employment is full time with a local contract (applicable Indian law); start date beginning of May 2017.
- Analysing and reporting on relevant developments in key policies and practices of various sectors, trade, investments, taxations and priority reform programs of the Government; following bilateral and multilateral economic and financial matters;
- Maintaining, developing and reinforcing the Embassy’s institutional network with Indian authorities, foreign Embassies, local Swiss and Indian business communities, as well as economic experts from academia and think tanks;
- Supporting the preparation, coordination, follow-up and reporting of economic and tax related issues and discussion papers, particularly for the yearly bilateral Commissions, as well as for other meetings with Indian authorities, business associations, international or national organizations and stakeholders of the Embassy;
- Organizing visits and assisting in the management of official delegations from Switzerland;
- Maintaining and strengthening synergies with the Swiss Business Hub India and other network partners;
- Acting as deputy of the Head of the Economic and Commercial Section during absences.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics/ Business Administration (Finance)/ International Economic Affairs;
- Good knowledge of the Indian regulatory environment for international trade;
- Prior and relevant work experience of 6-10 years in government, business, economic affairs or related areas, preferably with proven advocacy and business expertise;
- Pro-active, positive and supportive attitude, eagerness to drive results;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, within a team and under pressure, and to fulfil multiple, diverse tasks timely and effectively;
- Knowledge of, and interest in economic and political issues in Switzerland and India
- Excellent writing skills, fluency in spoken and written English; additional knowledge of German or French a plus;
- Strong research and organizational skills;
- Mastering of key office tools, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; and
- Willingness to travel occasionally within India.
Please submit the following documents with your application
- Letter of motivation
- Resume (curriculum vitae)
- Copies of academic and work certificates
- Three references
- Other relevant documents (e.g. language and IT certificates, etc.)
Reference in title 'Senior Economic Advisor'
Deadline for submission of application: 15 March 2017
Note on procedures:
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the submission deadline for an interview
- Written test will be made in advance to the interview