Head, Finance and Controlling
Switzerland through its development cooperation has been engaged in Nepal since 1959. With the establishment of its Embassy in Nepal in August 2009, Switzerland’s assistance in Nepal continues to focus on federal state building, employment and income through agriculture, rural infrastructure and vocational skills, as well as migration. Switzerland is committed to support Nepal’s socio-economic development and federal state building at national and subnational levels.
The Embassy of Switzerland offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as a stimulating team and working environment. We are looking for a young, energetic Nepali national for the following position for 4 years fixed term contract with possibility of extension:
Head, Finance and Controlling
As a member of the Embassy Management team and under the line management of the Ambassador, the Head of Finance and Controlling shall be responsible for:
- Leading, Managing, Coaching and Developing the Finance and Controlling Team
- Preparing and periodically updating the financial planning and sharing with the Programme Team members, Embassy Management and Head Office; Monitoring of the project disbursements
- Managing the fund and ensuring a cost optimized liquidity plan; transferring office and project funds from the headquarters as per liquidity-planning
- Monitoring of the Internal Controlling System (ICS) and advising and supporting the adaptation/improvement of the ICS; ensuring an efficient management of the Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) external group audit/review and internal audit; ensuring efficient management and execution of investigations/ in-depth audits which are conducted by the Embassy in response to suspicious transactions/accusations/media allegations/issues of conflict of interest, etc.
- Supporting the Project Cycle Management; providing support to the concerned Programme Officers and the Finance Controllers during the tender procedures and selection of the implementing partners; assessing the project budget in cooperation with the Programme Officers (POs) and partner-organizations; controlling the project budget in line with Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA)/SDC instructions & guidelines
- Advising the Embassy management on issues related with the fiduciary risks, compliances, financial planning, disbursements, etc.
- Providing orientation, training & advice in the areas of finance, ICS, compliance, etc. to the staff in the Embassy; and on demand, among the partner organizations
Required Technical Competence
Chartered Accountant, Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Commerce or Management with further training in the area of Financial Management/Accounting or an equivalent training as per international standard; minimum 3 years’ experience in the area of Accounting, Finance and Administration if possible in an international environment; sound knowledge of English & Nepali language; good computer skills and knowledge of different accounting software.
Required Methodological and Social Competence
High levels of energy, initiative and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work requirements; excellent analytical and conceptual thinking, and the ability to capture it in clearly and logically in writing; proven facilitation, moderation and presentation skills; able to define clear objectives & priorities; have demonstrated high level of leadership and managerial competencies; capable to work in a multicultural team; sensitive in areas of gender and social inclusion; able to deal with criticism and conflict; strong negotiator; strong understanding of the national context.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) and Job Description (PDF, 447.7 kB, English)
Application in English with immediate contact address and a telephone number; an updated bio-data; copies of citizenship certificate and academic credentials; and reference from former employer(s) should reach at the latest by 17:00 hrs on 6th September 2019 through post or through email as attachment (please do not provide a link to google drive or any other cloud server) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mark “Application for Head, Finance and Controlling” respectively on the envelope / subject of the email.
Personnel and Administration (Chancery)
P.O. Box 113
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Embassy reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
The Embassy of Switzerland in Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority community).