Sustainable Tourism - Southeast Destination
This project aims to contribute to the attractiveness of Southeast Tunisia and to improve the income and living conditions of the local population, through new approaches to sustainable, diversified and inclusive tourism. Swiss and UE programmes will work in synergy and disseminate the DMOs approach, developped in the previous SECO project.
Since the 2011 revolution, 2018 has been the best year in terms of tourism in Tunisia with 7.5 million tourists. However, the sector still meets challenges, with an urgent need for reform and diversification.
The project is carried out within an inclusive and territorial development approach, respectful of culture and environment, and that places people at the heart of its strategy. It is deployed in Southeast Tunisia, with a direct impact on three destinations. It conducts pilot training experiences at regional level with the aim to be disseminated at the national level and within an institutional framework.
The project aims at implementing new governance tourism models at regional level, at strengthening skills in the field of alternative tourism and at offering new opportunities in inland regions or regions with high tourism potential, bringing sustainability and social inclusion aspects into them.
The intervention strategy to bring about structural changes is based on these main topics:
- Better matching to demand
- Exemplary and scaling up effects from three destinations
- Converging actions in geographic and thematic areas, able to structurally influence the Tunisian tourism system at the macro, meso and micro levels
|Effetti a medio termine||
1. Destination organisation - DMOs have developed attractive products and have become key players for sustainability and destinations promotion
2. Local initiatives - Local actors implement initiatives related to tourism, heritage and environmental protection
3. Skills development - The quality of tourism supply and of services has increased thanks to new trainings in sustainable tourism
4. Legislative framework - Legislation and regulatory framework are adapted to the needs of providers and facilitate the development of alternative tourism
5. Synergies - DMOs are recognized as a new tool for promoting tourism
Risultati principali attesi:
Tourism actors in Dahar, Djerba, Ksar Ghilane promote their region and run activities for a sustainable tourism development
A collaborative space for sharing ideas/innovations support entrepreneurial initiatives
Collective actions for inclusiveness, for the protection of the environment and/or heritage are supported
Upgrade of the accommodation infrastructure taking into account sustainability criteria
New skills development trainings are developed for guesthouses owners, for tourism actors in marketing, in destination management, for hiking and cultural guides
A white paper addressing the legislative reform needs in relation to sustainable tourism is considered by the Ministry of Tourism
A network of DMOs in Tunisia is implemented and contribute to diversifying Tunisia tourism sector
Risultati fasi precedenti:
Most of planned results have been met, except the financial autonomy of the DMO Dahar. Here are the main results:
- Coordination of actors led to the creation of a formal Destination Management Organisation (DMO)
- An administrative structure has been implemented with a corporate vision
- Most of non reglementary situations have been solved in confomity with legislation.
- Several traditional and touristic infrastructure (B&B, troglodit places) renewed and/or developped
- Many promotion suppports and digital tools developped: website, map, mobile application, facebook accounts, flyers
- New skills and capacities disseminated in the region.
A consolidation phase is recommended, with new modules on training tourism and legislation.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 4’259’994 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 0 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 4’400’000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 2 01.07.2019 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso) Fase 1 01.01.2014 - 30.08.2019 (Completed)|