As the official representation of Switzerland, the embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, education and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Malaysia
President of the Swiss Confederation Simonetta Sommaruga: National Day 2015 greetings for the Swiss abroad
VAT Tax claims
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Switzerland in Kuala Lumpur has been moved to the Regional Consular Centre Bangkok, Thailand. Therefore, the Embassy of Switzerland in Kuala Lumpur is no longer recognised as office abroad to confirm the exportation in tourist traffic for shop sales ("tax-free for tourists").
If the confirmation of exportation is not provided by the Federal Customs Administration at the time of departure, the buyer has the following evidence options:
- The buyer has the fact that the goods are abroad confirmed on the export document by a recognised office abroad, and then sends the document to the supplier
- The buyer sends the unconfirmed export document to the supplier, together with the original or copy of the import assessment issued by a foreign customs authority
Recognised offices abroad for buyers residing in Malaysia include:
- The Regional Consular Centre at the Swiss Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Embassy of Switzerland in Singapore
- Malaysian customs authority
Only those import assessments that are written in a Swiss national language or English will be accepted. If the confirmation is in another language, a certified translation into one of those languages must be enclosed.
For more information about "tax-free for tourists", please refer to
Consular services (issuing of passports, identity cards, civil status changes, registrations) are provided in the Regional Consular Centre Bangkok. For services and visa issues, please always refer to the competent representation according to the given contact.