The Health for All Project (HAP) is funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and is being implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), Terre des Hommes (TdH) and Save the Children (SC). The project 's goal is that the Albanian population benefits from better health due to improved Primary Health Care (PHC) services and health promotion activities.
Save the Children is recruiting for a motivated and experienced Communication Officer for the Health for All Project.
Post title: Communication Officer - HAP project
Application dateline: 24th April 2018, 13:00 pm
The Communication Officer will support HAP project in various aspects of communication with focus on maximising the project's visibility while increasing public understanding of health matters.
Required qualifications and experiences
- A university degree in communications, marketing or journalism, and preferably work experience in public health or any other related field
- Excellent command of English and Albanian languages, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to maintain excellent relationships with Local and Central Government personnel and to advocate effectively with high-level officials
- At least 5 years of experience in a Senior Communications or media - related role
- Proven experience in producing project’s communication plan
- Experience of planning and implementing successful communication and campaigns, ideally for a non-profit or international organization
- Ability to synthesise complex information into concise and compelling articles, notes and documents
- Very good ability in producing photos and short semi-professional videos related to project activities
- Excellent ability to work both independently and in consultation and cooperation with others
- Proven experience using media for communication and campaigning purposes in print and electronic media
- Experience in using social media for communication purposes is an asset
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management and ability to produce the required administrative documents, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Advanced Information Communication Technology skills needed for presentations
- Excellent knowledge and use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Linkedin)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Ability to work in the field
Click here (PDF, 324.7 kB) for a full job description or visit the HAP project website.
Interested candidates should submit the following within the application dateline:
- Cover letter clearly explaining your motivation for applying your motivation for applying for the position and how you meet the position criteria
- Detailed CV
- List of reference with contact details
Application should be sent by email with subject “Communication Project Officer for HAP project” to the address below.
*only short listed candidates will be informed.