As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations with Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic and financial affairs, legal arrangements, science, technology and education.
Embassy of Switzerland in Australia
Information regarding new corona virus (Novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV)
On 30 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared coronavirus (2019-nCoV) to be a public health emergency of international concern.
The national and international health authorities are monitoring the development of the situation, informing the population and recommending precautionary measures, if necessary.
Australian authorities will prevent foreign travellers who have transited or left mainland China since Feb. 1, from entering Australia. Travellers who have permanent residency status and long-term passes in Australia, along with their immediate relatives, will be exempted from the restrictions. Authorities have not announced the intended duration of the travel restrictions, which will likely depend on the course of the outbreak in China and other countries. .
We advise our citizens living and travelling in Australia to observe the information and recommendations of the World Health Organization WHO, the Australian Department of Health and the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH). Please also consult the website of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), travel advice, "Focus Corona Virus".
Please note that all visa and other consular matters are dealt with by the Consulate General in Sydney. For any related information please directly contact the Consulate General.
Who is who
- Mr Pedro Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Australia, Head of Mission
- Mrs Yasmine Chatila Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Special Envoy of Switzerland for the Pacific Region, Head of Mission
- Mr Stefano Vescovi, Deputy Head of Mission
- Mr Sébastien Monnet, Science, Technology and Education Advisor
- Mrs Bernadette Hunkeler Brown, Consul General of Switzerland in Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- Mr Victor Wong, Honorary Consul General in Papua New Guinea
- Mrs Manuela Erb, Honorary Consul in Victoria
- Mr Daniel Gschwind, Honorary Consul in Queensland
- Mr Marc Montandon, Honorary Consul in Western Australia
- Mr Patrick Wille, Honorary Consul in South Australia
- Prof. Dr Margaret Otlowski, Honorary Consul in Tasmania
- Mr Peter Bendel, Honorary Consul in the Northern Territory