Science and Technology Officer (100%)
The Embassy of Switzerland in Canberra is currently hiring a Science and Technology Officer
The Science and Technology Officer (STO) sharpens Switzerland’s profile in Australia as a leading and open location for innovation and knowledge. He/she will be a member of the “swissnex Network”, Switzerland’s global education, research and innovation network.
The main activities of the STO include:
- Establishing, managing, and enhancing the Embassy’s network with the authorities, universities, research institutes, and the private sector in Australia as well as representatives of other Embassies covering the same portfolio.
- Supporting Swiss stakeholders in education, research and innovation, notably through providing contacts, organizing high level visits or events as well as monitoring and contributing to the improvement of framework conditions.
- Promoting Swiss excellence in education, research and innovation, leveraging this excellence in the context of the overall Swiss foreign policy in Australia.
- Monitoring and anticipating developments in education, research and innovation in Australia, and reporting on such developments to headquarters.
- Stimulating and supporting the exchange of knowledge and people to people contacts (including the Swiss-Australian program on the exchange of trainees).
- Further diplomatic and administrative tasks contributing to the mission of the Embassy.
Proactive and open-minded personality with a proven ability to work autonomously.
Excellent written and oral skills in English and a Swiss national language (German, French or Italian). Good knowledge of a second Swiss national language.
Strong interest in education, research and innovation. Knowledge of the relevant stakeholders both in Switzerland and Australia.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Reliable and quality conscious. Excellent organizational and reporting skills.
We offer a challenging and rewarding position in a small team (employment according to local conditions). Highly motivated candidates holding a university degree (Master or equivalent) are welcome to send their CV and application letter in English, job references as well as any other document of interest, via email to email@example.com. For additional information, please contact:
Mr. Mark Engler, firstname.lastname@example.org; +61 2 6162 8409.
Location: Canberra, Australia
Start of assignment: 1st January 2018 or upon agreement
Application deadline: 31st August 2017