U.S. Social Security Card - Replacement

Required documents for Social Security Card replacemnet

Required documents for name change on the Social Security Card

  • Original valid U.S. passport of the applicant and U.S. - citizen parent (if the applicant is a minor).
  • Original or certified copy of either U.S. Birth CertificateNaturalization Certificate or CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
  • Form SS-5 ‘’Application for a Social Security Card’’
  • U.S. document showing the name change (Court order, Naturalization certificate).

Please note

The personal presence of the applicant (s) is mandatory, minors have to be accompanied by at least one parent

Applicants can submit the mentioned documents, by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by phone or physical presence

Only complete applications can be accepted and further processed without any exceptions. Incomplete files will be refused and are subject to new appointment.

Requested forms should be duly signed and dated during your visit at this office.

Additional forms or documents may be required depending on your case.

For more information please visit the website of the Social Security Administration.