Social insurance

Information on voluntary Swiss OASI/IV scheme, pension cover while living abroad, Swiss social security (OASI/IV) cover, health and accident insurance cover and hedging for means of existence with the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad “Soliswiss”:

Old age and invalidity insurance

If you live in a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), you can maintain your insurance cover in Switzerland by paying into the voluntary OASI/IV scheme, provided that you meet the membership requirements.

Health and accident insurance

Adequate health and accident insurance cover guarantees universal access to medical care in the event of ill-health, maternity or an accident.


As a Swiss national living abroad, you can also become a member of the Cooperative Society Solidarity Fund for Swiss Nationals Abroad, or “Soliswiss”.

Return from Switzerland

All questions can be referred to our Migration Attaché.


Non-Swiss citizens who lived and worked in Switzerland and have contributed to the Swiss Old Age and Survivors Insurance / Disability Insurance Scheme must contact

Ministria e Punës dhe Mirëqenjes Sociale
Administrate pensionale e Kosovës
Rr. Ardian Krasniqi 9 
10060 Pristina
Phone: +381 (0)38 211 663

The brochure "Social insurance and departure" might also give you useful information (see links).