As the official representation of Switzerland, the embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political and economic affairs, development cooperation, education and culture.
Embassy of Switzerland in Myanmar
The Embassy of Switzerland in Myanmar will be closed to the public on Wednesday, 1 February 2023. The Embassy will resume its normal operations on Thursday, 2 February 2023.
State of emergency declared in Myanmar on 1 February 2021
A State of Emergency has been declared on Monday morning, February 1st in Myanmar and power has been handed over to the military. Please follow our recommendations:
- follow the developments in the local media and respect at all times the instructions of the local authorities;
- follow the instructions from local authorities regarding the COVID-19 context and the current security situation;
- make some reserves of cash in local and foreign (USD) currency;
- Refrain from unnecessary travels
- Be aware that internet connection can be disrupted unexpectedly
- Be aware that internet security is very low and social media activities can be monitored
- Keep the Embassy informed about your whereabouts at any time
If you wish to leave Myanmar and encounter difficulties in this regard, please contact quickly the Regional Consular Center in Bangkok at +66 2 674 6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The embassy is open and operational, but due to the current situation, public access is restricted until further notice. Services are available by appointment only. Please make sure to book an appointment by email@example.com prior to visiting.
For security reasons, each visitor has to present a valid ID document with photo. It’s requested to enable you to reach the Embassy’s floor.
Services and visa
All consular services and visa issues are provided by the Regional Consular Centre in Bangkok/Thailand.
House of Switzerland online magazine
This online magazine highlights Switzerland's traditional and less well-known strengths and showcases Switzerland’s participation in major world events, including at universal expositions and Olympic Games.