Export promotion, promotion of business location Switzerland, and representation of interests
Switzerland’s approximately 170 embassies and general-consulates offer Swiss and Liechtenstein-based companies:
- standardised information and advice
- an organisation service for participation in trade fairs
- assistance with establishing contacts and arranging access to official bodies abroad
- representation of the interests of Swiss companies
- interventions with government authorities
In particularly important, traditional and emerging markets, the federal government operates, in collaboration with Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swiss Business Hubs that offer a wide range of services. These hubs currently exist in Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, UK and Ireland, and the USA, as well as in Dubai for the Gulf Cooperation Council GCC and in Singapore for Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The services offered by these hubs include:
- arranging introductions to business partners
- promotion of business location Switzerland
The Swiss Business Hubs are attached to the official representation network of the FDFA.
The supreme objective of export promotion is to overcome existing inhibition thresholds. It also facilitates access to all foreign markets by arranging contacts and providing expert advice for Swiss companies that are capable of becoming exporters and interested in doing so, especially SMEs.