South Sudan NGO Forum Support
The project aims at supporting effective and principled delivery of humanitarian assistance by facilitating improved information sharing, security risk analysis and advice, representation, and policy engagement among the NGO community in South Sudan. It will ensure enhanced capacity of national NGOs and strengthened links between national and international NGOs. Coordination amongst humanitarian organisations and with other key stakeholders thus will be improved.
Sudan del Sud
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
- The over 290 NGO Forum members (150 international NGO and 141 national NGOs)
- All humanitarian actors
- The Donor community
- Improved information sharing and coordination on issues affecting NGO operations in South Sudan
- Effective NGO safety and security information sharing and coordination
- Improved support to NGOs on principled and pragmatic engagement with external stakeholders
- Effective information sharing and NGO coordination mechanism in place
- Security information sharing mechanism in place
- Context specific Saving lives Together (SLT) framework developed and implemented
- Policy and HR forum for NGOs in place and functional
- NGO briefing/guidance notes developed and disseminated
- Improved communication and coordination between the NGO Steering Committees and the Forum as well as with government, civil society, donors, UN, and other key stakeholders.
- Key security information availed to its members.
The humanitarian situation in South Sudan remains critical since the conflict broke out in December 2013. Despite the TGNU, insecurity, the deteriorating economic situation, and bad politics continue to pose a great challenge to aid delivery. The NGO Forum plays a central role in addressing issues affecting international and national NGOs; it also provides independent security information. It is the main source of reliable security advice for NGOs in South Sudan.
The NGO Forum contributes to effective and principled delivery of humanitarian interventions in South Sudan.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
The NGO community is part of the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT). It also coordinates with OCHA to ensure greater complementarity, and sits on the Inter-Cluster Working Group tasked with providing operational guidance to the Humanitarian Coordinator and HCT.
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 419'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 423'750 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 540'000 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 959'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
(Fase in corso)
Fase 3 01.06.2016 - 31.07.2017 (Completed)Fase 1 15.02.2014 - 31.03.2015 (Completed)