SRC: Emergency assistance to IDP - Winterization
In expectation of the winter in Ukraine, the Swiss Red Cross in collaboration with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society improve living conditions in collective centers and host community facilities, and provide durable accommodation solutions for Internal Displaced Persons through winterization measures in Ternopil and Ivano Frankivsk Oblast.
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Salute mentale & benessere
- Croce Rossa Svizzera
The war in Ukraine that started on 24 February 2022 continues to drive increasing humanitarian needs across the country. For the past months the trend for more and more people returning back to their place of origin, in most cases Kyiv city and oblast, could have been observed. Around 8 Million people are still internally displaced, over 6.6 million became refugees in European countries. In the Ivano-Frankivsk and Ternopil oblasts (region), the area of the Swiss Red Cross operation in collaboration with Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) branches, the number of IDPs is estimated at 200’000 people living in temporary conditions, often in so called collective centers.
As the winter season is approaching, immediate winterization mesures have to be taken to protect these vulnerable people against the cold.
|Obiettivi||People affected by the war in Ukraine have access to humanitarian assistance and essential services in regard of the upcoming winter season.|
- IDP’s in Ivano-Frankivsk and Ternopil oblasts. 2000 people assisted in temporary and winterized accommodation
- 30 temporary/collective shelter supported by improvement of facilities and equipement
- 100 people staying in durable accommodation
- 2 durable accomodations facilities (rehabilitation). 5’800 vulnerable displaced people in receiving cash grants or vouchers
- 60 URCS staff trained in cash and voucher distribution, procurement, stock management, mobile data collection
|Effetti a medio termine||
1) Crisis-affected people restore and strenghten their safety, well-being and longer term recovery through mid- and longer term shelter and water/sanitation solutions and are prepared for the winter season;
2) The most vulnerabel people affected by the crisis can address their basic needs through the use of multi-purpose cash and vouchers;
3) The two regional branches of the National Red Cross Society in Ivano-Frankivsk- and Ternopil Oblast responds effectively to the current and future crisis.
Risultati principali attesi:
1) Improved living conditions of IDPs in temporary/collective centers or temporary accomodations
2) Vulnerable displaced people have received vouchers or multipurpose cash grants to cover their basic needs
3) URCS system is strengthened through capacity building
Risultati fasi precedenti:
- Support of 40 collective shelters and upgrade of 25 shelters in order to improve the living conditions for IDPs
- Voucher/multipurpose cash CVA support to immediate relief to 3’125 people in transit or temporary staying at collective shelters
- Provision of 10’000 sevices provided to 269 elderly people by 44 URCS nurses
- Support and scaling up relief operation and augmentation of capacity of URCS branches (Organizational development, structurization, human resourcing, finance, logistic, drivers capacities)
|Partner del progetto||
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
ICRC, Ukrainian Red Cross Society URCS, oblast authorities, city authorities, shelter cluster, cash working group
Contribution to a Swiss Solidarity (SwS) funded project SwS 317.012 / SRC 415710
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 2’200’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 720’000 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 1’340’000|