Green Bond Technical Assistance Program
The Program supports the creation of new markets for climate finance in emerging markets. The program contributes to developing green bond policies, providing training programs for bankers, and facilitating the adoption of the Green Bond Principles and international best practices and market standards.
The Program also supports and complements the Amundi Planet Emerging Green One fund – the world’s largest targeted green bond fund focused on emerging markets. The Fund will significantly increase the scale and pace of climate finance in emerging markets by crowding in capital from investors and creating new markets. The Fund will create demand for green bonds- the Program will create emerging market green bond supply, with appropriate quality and independent verification mechanisms.
The goal is to catalyze at scale financing for the green economy in emerging markets , where the largest climate mitigation potential lays. In total, this is expected to result in 26 million tCO2e reductions by the end of the investment period.
1. Training Component: geographical distribution of trained professionals- % of positive responses in participants survey.
2. Green Bond Principles dissemination: number of second opinion and annual impact reports, with standards in line with the Green Bond Principles.
3. Transaction Support: number and volume of green bonds issued by supported banks in emerging markets.
4. Knowledge Sharing events and products: number of research documents and case studies produced and shared.
5. Green Bond Policy Development: number of Green Bond policies/guidelines issued in SECO target countries- number and volume of Green Bond issuances in SECO target countries.
1. Training component: number of professionals from emerging markets certified by end of investment period- number of professionals trained in classrooms.
2. Green Bond Principles dissemination: methodology and standards for green bond reporting made available to stakeholders.
3. Transaction Support: number and geographical distribution of supported financial institutions- number of policies and procedures supporting green lending established- number of second opinion and annual impact reports.
4. Knowledge Sharing events and products: number of events organized- number of individuals attending (% of emerging markets' participants)- % of positive responses in participants survey- number of supported research papers.
5. Green Bond Policy Development: number of Green Bond working groups facilitated- number of stakeholder consultation meetings- type of assistance provided to working groups.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 7’575’000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 0 Budget inclusive project partner CHF 13’999’200|
|Project phases||Phase 2 01.01.2019 - 31.12.2023 (Current phase) Phase 1 21.04.2018 - 31.12.2023 (Current phase)|