English – German
French – English
Which documents should I submit with a national visa application?
English – German
Family reunification with a Swiss Citizen after marriage:
Familiennachzug zu einem Schweizer Bürger (PDF, 2 Pages, 286.6 kB, German)
Regroupement familial auprès d’un citoyen suisse (PDF, 2 Pages, 287.9 kB, French)
Bashkim familjar tek një shtetas zviceran (PDF, 2 Pages, 286.8 kB, Albanian)
Family reunification with a Swiss Citizen for children and parents:
Familiennachzug zu Eltern oder Kind (PDF, 2 Pages, 304.2 kB, German)
Regroupement familial pour parents et enfants (PDF, 2 Pages, 346.6 kB, French)
Bashkim familjar tek një fëmija ose prindi (PDF, 2 Pages, 335.3 kB, Albanian)
Family reunification with a foreigner citizen living in Switzerland with B/C/F residence permit
Familiennachzug zu einem in der Schweiz lebenden Ausländer (mit B-C-F Bew.) (PDF, 3 Pages, 311.0 kB, German)
Regroupement familial auprès d’un citoyen étranger avec permis de séjour B-C-F (PDF, 2 Pages, 371.9 kB, French)
Bashkim familjar tek i huaji me leje qëndrim B, C ose F (PDF, 2 Pages, 303.4 kB, Albanian)
Studying in Switzerland
National visa for student long term visa (PDF, 2 Pages, 259.0 kB, English)
The application will be forwarded to the competent cantonal authorities in Switzerland for a decision. The Embassy of Switzerland can only issue the visa after approval by the competent authorities. The total processing time is approximately 8-12 weeks. This time is an approximation only and may vary considerably depending on the canton responsible and the elements of the application.
The Embassy does not provide information during the procedure. Therefore, please contact the cantonal migration authority responsible for your place of residence:
- Individuals who wait outside the fence and offer their services are not associated in any way with the staff of the Swiss embassy.
- The Swiss embassy does not cooperate with any agency.
- The staff of the Swiss embassy has no contact with the agencies outside the building.
- The Swiss embassy is located inside the black fence.
- Forms and information are free of charge.
- The Swiss embassy provides information free of charge.
- The Swiss embassy does not recommend any insurance company.
- You must make an appointment.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- The Swiss embassy does not provide any information by telephone or email about the applications being processed.
- to ask for additional documentation
- to transmit applications to the Swiss authorities
- to summon candidates for an interview.
- to make changes to this information without notice
Warning concerning agencies
The Swiss embassy retains the right: