The Embassy of Switzerland to Australia in Canberra offers a full-time internship position to qualified and highly motivated candidates.
Description of the internship
The internship provides an initial work experience and gives an insight into the world of diplomacy. Interns are fully integrated into the Embassy team and assisted by their supervisors. The assigned tasks range from writing reports to representing the Embassy at meetings and organizing events. Interns will mostly work on political, economic and scientific affairs but may be called upon to assist with any of the Embassies tasks.
Being a small Embassy, the Embassy of Switzerland to Australia offers its interns a very broad and comprehensive experience, rewarding them for a high degree of flexibility.
Our next opening is for a 5 months internship, starting July 24th 2017 and ending December 22nd 2017. Please send us your application package (see below) by April 28th 2017.
The Embassy offers a remuneration of AUD 3’600 per month.
Requirements for applicants
- Swiss citizen or other nationality but resident and with working rights in Switzerland
- Holder of a university degree at the time of starting the internship (Bachelor or Master, no more than one year between graduation and start of internship)
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Computer literacy
- The total duration of internships with the Federal Administration, including this internship, must not exceed one year
- Please refer to flyers below for more information
Applications must include
- Motivation letter (in English)
- CV (in English)
- Copy of university diploma and/or latest report
- Letter(s) of recommmendation (if available)
- Work certificates (if available)
Please send the application package to email@example.com. All applicants will be informed about the Embassy’s decision in due course. Please note that your application must comply with the general admission requirements which can be found under the links below.