If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you are required to apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.
If you report your passport as lost or stolen; if found, the passport is no longer valid and must not be used for travel. If you attempt to use your reported lost or stolen U.S. passport, you may encounter issues when traveling abroad.
- In the application form, under mailing address, the applicant's address in Iran must be written.
- Do not sign and date the application form until being asked by the passport officer.
- Print the application form in separate sheets and do not staple the pages.
- Do not staple or glue the passport picture to the form.
- Fees are only payable in Rials by Iranian bank card.