The second phase of the project will be implemented during 2019-2022. The overall goal is to promote an environmentally, socially and economically responsible, equitable, and sustainable future for the people of Mongolia through ESD. The phase aims to deepen conceptual understanding of ESD at national level and enhancing capacities at the provincial and school level for its practical application
SDC is seeking to recruit two Mongolian Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO), one with specific competences in education and one with specific competences in environment and green development, for the implementation of the project in six aimags.
Duration of the mandate: 01.09.2019-30.06.2022
- Identify main stakeholders/champions at aimag level and support coordination among them
- Assess the needs in terms of knowledge of ESD and consequently elaborate and organize trainings for local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Support local authorities, schools and environmental centres in the planning and implementation of ESD related activities
- Facilitate and coordinate the cooperation among local aimag stakeholders
- Organize peer-to-peer exchanges within the aimags as well as among different aimags, both in education and environmental sectors
- Support partners in the production of information and dissemination material.
Qualifications and Requirements for bidders:
- to be registered in Mongolia since at least 5 years and have a proven track record of work in the relevant sectors
- in-house competences in sustainable development, basic education, ESD and/or in sustainable development, green development, ecological and environmental education; know-how in gender mainstreaming
- proven experience in coordination with local and national authorities, community mobilisation, facilitation, advocacy work
- to have technical and human resources to deploy in different aimags
- have a track record in project management and implementation, both in urban and rural context
- have experience in working with international development organisations and abilities to deliver quality operational and financial reports in English.
Interested bidders should require the complete tender documentation from the Swiss Cooperation Office in Ulaanbaatar. Complete proposals have to be submitted in a sealed envelope until July 5rd 2019, 17.00 hours at the SCO reception desk. Late bids will not be considered. No information will be given by phone concerning the tender.
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Swiss Cooperation Office
Sky Plaza Business Center, A block
Embassy Street, Sukhbaatar District, Khoroo-1,
Fax: 976-11- 331420
Reception hours : 9.00 -13.00 and 14.00 -17.00