Consulate General of Switzerland in Istanbul
President of the Swiss Confederation Alain Berset: National Day 2023 greetings for the Swiss abroad
You may contact us by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone at +90 212 283 12 82. Visitors will only be received by appointment.
- Applications for identity documents must be made online. Once you have received confirmation from the Consulate General, you may book an appointment online.
- For marriage preparations, an appointment can be arranged by e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Life certificates for AHV/IV are temporarily accepted by e-mail due to delays in postal traffic and difficulties in visiting authorities. Pensioners can sign the certificates and send them (without the official stamp) together with a copy of the passport or identity card by e-mail to the following address email@example.com.
- There are no restrictions for transactions that do not require a personal visit.
Services and visa
All consular services and visa issues are provided by the Consulate General of Switzerland in Istanbul.
Helpline Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA)
The FDFA Helpline provides detailed information 365 days a year around the clock about the following FDFA services:
- Travel advice
- Itineris – online registration for Swiss nationals travelling abroad
- Consular protection
- Living abroad
- Other consular services (services of Swiss representations in connection with passports and identity cards, registration, civil status, civil rights, notarizations, confirmations, certificates, inheritance, welfare, deposits, etc.)