Swiss students in the UK

King's College in Cambridge
King's College, Cambridge © Pixabay

Fee guidelines for prospective Swiss students at British universities

Prospective Swiss students at English, Welsh and Northern Irish universities who hope to qualify for “home fees” (the rate equivalent to that for British and EU students) under the category “child of a Swiss national”: it is highly likely your university/college will insist that your Swiss parent must be exercising a right of residence in the UK (for example as a self-sufficient person, a worker, or a student) on the first day of an academic year of your course.  For Swiss students to qualify for “home fees” at Scottish universities, there is no requirement that your Swiss parent is, or has been, economically active in the UK.

Please refer to the fees guidance of the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) for further information.

Home or overseas fees - the basics