Assistant to the section for Consular protection - Embassy of Switzerland
The Section for Consular protection aims at supporting Swiss nationals abroad, who are in difficulty, namely in the case of accident, illness, detention or death. Furthermore, it takes care of Swiss nationals in distress through social assistance. In case of major crisis, such as accidents, natural catastrophes, political unrests etc. the Section is also involved in crisis managements tasks.
The main objective of the Assistant is to contribute in all administrative and secretarial tasks as follows:
- Contact with different Thai partners (police, hospitals, courts, funeral homes, prisons, immigration) and gathering of information.
- Translation of relevant documents Thai-English/English-Thai such as court decisions and in special cases interpretation services.
- Collaborate in questions relating to social assistance and medical appointments for Swiss invalidity beneficiaries.
The assistant works in close collaboration with the responsible of this section and her colleague.
- University degree, with minimum of one year work experience in an administrative or similar position
- Thai language (mother tongue) with excellent written skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; good command of German or French would be an asset, correspondence in Thai, English and German (or French).
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office package.
- Sound knowledge of routine administrative management tasks
- Diligence and efficiency in meeting commitments and achieving results.
- Team player with solid inter-cultural competence, keen to learn and integrate with hands-on readiness in a small team in a multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, proactive, keep an overview of complex cases and prioritize tasks.
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Deadline for applications: April 27, 2021 to