Important notice for applicants living in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska:
In place of the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. the Consulate General of Lithuania in Chicago, IL represents Switzerland for the purpose of examining applications originating and issuing visas for short stays of up to 90 days within a 180-day period in the Schengen area for visa applications for:
- Business and
- visa applications for short stays linked to a gainful activity (including chauffeurs and journalists);
- visa applications for short stays for medical purposes;
- visa applications for short stays lodged by citizens of of the following countries: State of Eritrea, the Republic of Irak, Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Federal Republic of Somalia;
- the issuance of a visa with limited territorial validity (except when linked to art. 25 (3) of the Visa Code);
- visa applications filed by holders of diplomatic, service or special passports who are not citizens of the United States of America;
- visa applications filed by holders of an ordinary passport who intend to enter Switzerland for an official purpose, including attendance at international conferences, and who are not citizens of the United States of America.
The online visa application is not available for applicants submitting their request to the Consulate of Lithuania.
The Consulate General of Lithuania in Chicago, IL can be reached for further questions and appointments at:
Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania
211 E. Ontario, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60611
E-Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 (312) 397-0382, ext. 201 or ext. 207
Fax: +1 (312) 397-0385
The Embassy strongly advises to read the requirements relating to the visa type you wish to apply for and prepare the requested application form and all the supporting documents in advance.
Please also note that only applicants residing in the consular district of the Embassy can submit their application at the Embassy. If you are not sure, where to apply, please follow the link:
Short-Stays up to 90 days (Schengen visa) - Appointment required
Applicants for a Schengen visa can submit a visa application and book their appointment online. Please visit www.swiss-visa.ch
Please note that you will be required to bring your printed application and supporting documents to your interview, at which point your biometric data will also be taken.
The Embassy might be closed without prior notice following the Snow & Dismissal Procedures for Washington, D.C. of the U.S. Office of Personnal Management. More information and the current status can be found under the following link:
Long-Stays over 90 days (National Visa Type D) - No appointment required
Visa applications for stays longer than 90 days (family reunion, student, work, residence permit) do not require fingerprinting and therefore may be submitted by mail.
However, if necessary, a personal interview might be required.
If you prefer not to mail the application, please drop it off at the reception Monday – Friday 9am – 12noon.
Specific visa inquiries:
For specific visa inquiries contact the Embassy by email at email@example.com. No visa information will be given by phone.
The Embassy strongly advises to read the visa information before contacting the visa section.
Please do not contact the Embassy about the status of your application - as soon as your application has been submitted, no more contact from the applicants side should be attempted; the Embassy will contact you if needed or with the decision. Please also do not inquire about the arrival of documents you might have sent - if you sent an email, you will receive an automatic reply confirming the receipt; if you have sent a letter, please track it with your tracking number.