Important notice for applicants living in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska:
In place of the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. the Consulate General of Lithuania in Chicago, IL represents Switzerland for the purpose of examining applications originating and issuing visas for short stays of up to 90 days within a 180-day period in the Schengen area for visa applications for:
- Business and
- visa applications for short stays linked to a gainful activity (including chauffeurs and journalists);
- visa applications for short stays for medical purposes;
- visa applications for short stays lodged by citizens of of the following countries: State of Eritrea, the Republic of Irak, Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Federal Republic of Somalia;
- the issuance of a visa with limited territorial validity (except when linked to art. 25 (3) of the Visa Code);
- visa applications filed by holders of diplomatic, service or special passports who are not citizens of the United States of America;
- visa applications filed by holders of an ordinary passport who intend to enter Switzerland for an official purpose, including attendance at international conferences, and who are not citizens of the United States of America.
The Consulate General of Lithuania in Chicago, IL can be reached for further questions and appointments at:
Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania
211 E. Ontario, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60611
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: +1 (312) 397-0382, ext. 201 or ext. 207
Fax: +1 (312) 397-0385
Appointments to submit a visa application at the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington:
All appointments must be scheduled exclusively through the appointment hotline which can be reached at +1 202 316 4010, Monday - Thursday between 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. (EST). No appointments can be scheduled by e-mail, at the counter or through another phone line. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call the appointment line to do so.
The Embassy might be closed without prior notice following the Snow & Dismissal Procedures for Washington, D.C. of the U.S. Office of Personnal Management. More information and the current status can be found under the following link:
The Embassy strongly advises to read the requirements relating to the visa type you wish to apply for and prepare the requested application form and all the supporting documents in advance.
Please also note that only applicants residing in the consular district of the Embassy can submit their application at the Embassy. If you are not sure, where to apply, please follow the link:
Specific visa inquiries:
For specific visa inquiries contact the Embassy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No visa information will be given by phone.
The Embassy strongly advises to read the visa information before contacting the visa section.
Please do not contact the Embassy about the status of your application - as soon as your application has been submitted, no more contact from the applicants side should be attempted; the Embassy will contact you if needed or with the decision. Please also do not inquire about the arrival of documents you might have sent - if you sent an email, you will receive an automatic reply confirming the receipt; if you have sent a letter, please track it with your tracking number.
Schengen Visa (for stays less than 90 days)
All Schengen visa applicants in our consular district have to schedule an appointment and apply in person at this Embassy in Washington D.C.
National Type D Visa (for stays more than 90 days)
Visa applications for stays longer than 90 days (family reunion, student, work, residence permit) do not require fingerprinting and therefore may be submitted by mail.
However, if necessary, a personal interview might be required.
If you prefer to apply in person you will need to schedule an appointment.