Social insurances and health
Political Rights / Voting Rights
Information channels / media
Before you travel
… and more
Science, technology and higher education
- State Secretariat for Education and Research (SBF)
Federal agency for all domestic and international issues relating to general and university education, research and aerospace.
- Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology (OPET)
Federal policy office for vocational education and training, the Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS), and innovation.
- Swiss University Conference (CUS)
University policy planning conference of the Confederation and all cantons with some decision-making authority.
- Swiss Conference of Cantonal Ministers of Education (CDIP)
Conference of all cantonal cabinet members in charge of education, culture and sports representing the 26 cantons.
- Rectors' Conference of the Swiss Universities (CRUS)
Meets regularly to discuss all university-related matters requiring agreement or a joint position.
- ETH Board
Administers the Federal Institutes of Technology (ETH) Domain, develops strategies and allocates resources. Elected by the Swiss Federal Council.
- Conference of the Universities of Applied Sciences
Independent conference of UAS administrators representing UAS interests on the federal and cantonal levels, before the public and in relation to other educational and research policy institutions.
- Federal Commission for Universities of Applied Sciences (FCUAS)
The FCUAS advises the Federal Council and the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) on policy issues relative to the Universities of Applied Sciences.
- Swiss Science and Technology Council (SWTR)
The SWTR is the advisory body of the Federal Council for science, research and technology policy.
Portal of the Swiss universities, providing the basic information to international students who wish to study in Switzerland.
Association of Swiss University Continuing Education.
The server for Swiss education.
- Federal Commission for Scholarships for International Students
Grants university scholarships funded by the Federal Government to international students (FCS).
- Career Counseling Switzerland
Assists with vocational decision-making.