Please contact the Embassy of Switzerland or the Consulate General of Switzerland which is in charge for your place of residence *) when you want to register or unregister as a resident, when you need a new Swiss passport or Swiss identity card, have moved or wish to apply for Swiss citizenship. The entire selection of services offered can be found in the dropdown list to the right.

Swiss citizens who get into difficulties abroad, also can ask for advice and help from their Swiss representation.

*) You can find out which Swiss representation is in charge for your place of residence by clicking on the tab "Representations" in the grey ribbon above.

The magazine for the Swiss Abroad appears six times a year and provides information about what is happening at home and the activities of Swiss associations abroad. It also answers administrative questions.

FDFA services abroad

Choose your service!

Online desk

Online desk FDFA

Using the FDFA’s online consular services while abroad.

The relevant Swiss representation abroad can answer any questions concerning the FDFA’s online desk.