An innovative, efficient and responsible Switzerland
With the "House of Switzerland" and the Swiss Pavilion, Switzerland will showcase itself at the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris and at the 2025 World Expo in Osaka.
Swiss pavilions and the "House of Switzerland" have repeatedly represented Switzerland at major international events. © FDFA
Both the Olympic Games and the World Expo are important opportunities for the participating countries to showcase themselves and their values on the international stage. These major events bring together visitors and media representatives from all over the world.
At its meeting on 12 May 2021, the Federal Council decided that Switzerland would again take advantage of this opportunity in the context of the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris and at the 2025 World Expo in Osaka.
- In France, a "House of Switzerland" will be installed.
- In Japan, there will be a Swiss pavilion for the Expo.
In both cases, Switzerland intends to focus on the areas of innovative strength, the environment and Switzerland's economic performance.
"Switzerland is using the "House of Switzerland" and Swiss Pavilion concepts as instruments for international communication and promotion of the country," says Ambassador Nicolas Bideau, Head of Presence Switzerland, adding: "Paris and Osaka will be in the global spotlight. Switzerland wants to use this stage to protect its interests on the one hand and to present its skills to an international audience on the other."
Media release regarding the decision taken by the Federal Council.
Houses of Switzerland
- Winter Olympics 2018, Pyeongchang
- UEFA European Football Championship 2016, France
- Summer Olympics 2016, Rio de Janeiro
- Winter Olympics 2014, Sochi
- Summer Olympics 2012, London
- Winter Olympics 2010, Vancouver
- Summer Olympics 2008, Beijing
- Summer Olympics 2004, Athens
- Expo 2020, Dubai – Connecting Minds, Creating the Future
- Expo 2017, Astana – Future Energy
- Expo 2015, Milan – Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life
- Expo 2012, Korea – The living ocean and coast
- Expo 2010, Shanghai – Better City, Better Life
- Expo 2008, Zaragoza – Water and sustainable development
- EXPO 2005, Japan – Nature’s Wisdom