- Foreign policy
- Security Policy
- New security-policy challenges
- Countering terrorism
- Combating the funding of terrorism
Switzerland has signed all 16 of the United Nations (UN) anti-terrorism agreements and protocols, including the UN Convention on the funding of terrorism.
Various internal measures exist to interdict suspicious cash movements. The Swiss authorities can thus block assets without delay if there is a suspicion of terrorism funding. Swiss banking secrecy affords no protection to criminals and terrorists.
Switzerland has called on various international bodies to:
- combat money laundering more effectively
- impose better financial sanctions
- interdict the movement of cash by politically prominent persons where there are doubts about its origin.