The following information on diplomatic and consular privileges and immunities for beneficiaries within FDFA Protocol's remit covers:
- diplomatic missions accredited to Switzerland (embassies),
- foreign consular posts in Switzerland (consulates general, consulates and consular agencies),
- members of their staff and their family members,
- and any private household employees.
This site is for information purposes only and not legally binding on the host state.
FDFA Protocol has a range of electronic and online tools to improve its services for diplomatic and consular representations, and to make administrative procedures simpler and more efficient.
The eVIP+ programme in particular deals with the following:
- changing business and private addresses,
- announcing receptions and events,
- announcing temporary absences of ambassadors and appointments of chargé d'affaires a.i.,
- temporary closures of representations (national holidays, other holidays, etc.).
FDFA Protocol strongly recommends using this tool, which facilitates and speeds up these administrative procedures to a considerable degree.