Page not found

The page you requested is not available. The information that you are looking for can probably be found under one of the headings listed below.

  • What travel advice should you consult? When is a visa necessary? What do you need to bear in mind when travelling abroad? What information is available on living abroad for a limited period?

  • When is a visa necessary? What are the visa regulations for entering or living in Switzerland? What is there to discover here? What are the requirements for living in Switzerland?

  • What do you need to know when emigrating from Switzerland? What is it like to live in your new homeland? What do you need to keep in mind when retiring? What do you need to know when returning to Switzerland?

  • What services are available to Swiss nationals living abroad? What is life like for the Swiss abroad? What are the rights and obligations of Swiss nationals abroad? What do you need to know when returning to Switzerland?

  • The FDFA Helpline responds to enquiries relating to consular services. Swiss nationals living or staying abroad should contact the Swiss representation in the relevant host country.

  • Using the FDFA’s online consular services while abroad.


+41 800 24-7-365 / +41 58 465 33 33

365 days a year – around the clock 

The Helpline FDFA deals as central contact point with matters relating to consular services.

Fax +41 58 462 78 66

vCard Helpline FDFA (VCF, 5.6 kB)


Phone free of charge from abroad with Skype

You will receive an error message if the Skype application is not installed on your computer or smartphone. If such a message appears, please proceed to install it right off, simply by clicking on the following link:
Download Skype

Skype: helpline-eda

Start of page