Increase Cabo Delgado
Applying the triple nexus approach, the project aims at creating an enabling environment to build resilience, foster economic development and social cohesion among the conflict affected communities of Cabo Delgado province through the improvement of essential services (energy, water); support of economic development (capacity building, income generation); peacebuilding and conflict mitigation through social cohesion activities between internally displaced population and Host Communities.
Klimawandel & Umwelt
Beschäftigung & Wirtschaftsentwicklung
Erzeugung erneuerbarer Energien
- Andere internationale oder ausländische NGO Norden
Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECD WASSERVERSORGUNG & SIEDLUNGSHYGIENE
OTHER SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND SERVICES
Sub-Sektor nach Kategorisierung des Entwicklungshilfeekomitees der OECDWassergrundversorgung
Energy generation, renewable sources - multiple technologies
Unterstützungsform Projekt- und Programmbeitrag
In Cabo Delgado Province, as a consequence of the conflict, at least 1.5 million people are estimated to be in need of lifesaving or life-sustaining humanitarian assistance and protection.
The lack of basic services, high illiteracy levels, poor health, gender inequality and environmental degradation are the main characteristics of Balama District in Cabo Delgado. This situation is further aggravated by the influx of IDPs from the northern part of the province.
|Ziele||Building resilience through access to services, economic development, and social cohesion among IDPs and host communities in Balama District, Cabo Delgado.|
In Balama district, Cabo Delgado Province:
Internally displaced population in Balama (11,324) Tauane (1,160) and Angalia (600)
Mpaca Host Community: 31.000 people
Local Authorities: 30 members
(baselines will provide gender disaggregated numbers)
1) Internally displaced populations have improved access to essential services (Humanitarian).
2) Local communities/IDPs have improved economic conditions through income generating activities and access to savings (Development).
3) Local government and citizens have strengthened resilience through enhanced social cohesion (Peace).
1.1) Increased number of Water and sanitation (WASH) and energy services
1.2) Improved quality of WASH and energy services
1.3) Strengthened knowledge and practice on disaster risk reduction
2.1) Increased technical and managerial capacities at community and local institution level
2.2) Increased opportunity of saving and access to assets
3.1) Fostering inclusive social cohesion through the involvement of local population in peace building activities
Internationale oder ausländische NGO
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
- UN Cluster system, in particular UNOPS and UNICEF for the WASH component
- Local authorities and governmental actors: at provincial level (directorate for public works and water resources, directorate for industry and commerce); at district level (service for planning and infrastructure and service for economic activities)
- Italian Buddhist Institute for the energy component
- Belgian Minister of Development Cooperation for development, vocational training and income components
- Swiss funded programs in the area (Cabo Delgado Health Promotion and Skills Development)
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 810’000 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 396’000|